Have you been thinking about starting your own consulting business? Maybe it is something that fills you with excitement and fear. Maybe it is something you’ve been dreaming of doing for years. And yet, you’re not sure if this is for you. Will you be successful? How will you get your clients? Is this something that will make you happy? Are you skilled enough, or prepared enough to take the leap? What is the first step that you need to take to get you onto the consulting path? This book answers all these questions and more.
CONTENTS OF START YOUR OWN MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY
1. What makes running your own business different from being employed in the corporate world
2. Why organizations hire independent consultants.
3. Characteristics of unsuccessful independent management consultants.
4. Characteristics of successful independent management consultants.
5. How to find your own niche.
6. Common fears about consulting and how to deal with them.
7. Common crutches and how to get rid of them.
8. Finding the courage to follow your dream.
9. How to deal with your family, friends and clients.
10. The myths and truths about consulting.
11. How and when to start.
12. Developing your own brand.
13. Being your own guru.
14. Developing your business plans.
15. How much time should you spend on different elements of your business?
16. How to charge for your services.
17. The sales process.
18. Networking with other consultants.
19. How to choose your clients.
20. How to work with clients.
21. Practical ways to make your life easier - especially when you travel.
22. Challenges and frustrations with being a consultant, and how to deal with them.
23. Benefits of being an independent consultant.
24. Balance and burnout.